Port Charlotte is a town in Charlotte County, Florida. It’s located along the Gulf of Mexico, offering easy access to beautiful beaches and many outdoor activities.
The area has great year-round weather and plenty of attractions, including golf courses, parks, restaurants, shopping centers, and more.
Solar Power systems are becoming increasingly popular in Port Charlotte due to the abundance of Solar Energy potential that the area has.
With Solar Panels, homeowners can reduce their energy costs and save money on their monthly utility bills. Solar Power is a great way to take advantage of renewable energy sources in Port Charlotte.
Things To Do in Port Charlotte, Florida
Port Charlotte has something for everyone! From outdoor activities to shopping and dining, here are some of the top things to do in Port Charlotte:
- Spend a day at the beach – With miles of sandy beaches along the Gulf of Mexico, you can spend a sunny day basking in the Florida sunshine or enjoying water sports like kayaking, sailing, and fishing.
- Visit the local parks – There are many parks in the area, including Punta Gorda Historical Park and Port Charlotte Beach Park. You can go for a picnic, take a nature walk or bike ride, or just relax by the water.
- Indulge in some retail therapy – Shop till you drop at The Charlotte Beach Shopping Center or the nearby Promenades Mall.
- Dine at Charlotte Harbor – Enjoy a delicious meal overlooking the harbor at The Fishery Restaurant and Bar or one of the other waterfront restaurants in the area.
- Catch a show at the Cultural Center of Charlotte County – Enjoy live music, plays, and other performances at this local theater in Port Charlotte.
Notable Residents in Port Charlotte, Florida
Port Charlotte has been home to many notable residents throughout the years. Here are just a few of the people who have called Port Charlotte home:
- Jeff Conine – Former Major League Baseball player who is currently a Special Assistant to the Miami Marlins General Manager
- Bill Lester – NASCAR driver who won the Daytona 500 in 1975
- Brian Johnson – Professional golfer
- Bobby Smith – NHL player for the Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning
Public Transportation in Port Charlotte, Florida
Getting around Port Charlotte is easy with public transportation. The Charlotte County Transit System has routes that cover the entire county, including bus stops in Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and other surrounding cities. Buses run frequently throughout the day and there are even special late-night services for those who need to travel after dark.