As we become more aware of our impact on the environment, many of us are looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint. One of the ways we can do this is by installing solar panels on our homes or businesses.
However, the process of shopping for solar panels can be overwhelming, and it can be difficult to know where to start. In this blog post, we’ll provide some smart shopping tips for solar, so you can make an informed decision and choose the right solar panels for your needs.
Understand Your Energy Needs
Before you start shopping for solar panels, it’s important to understand your energy needs. This will help you determine how many panels you need and what size they should be. You can start by looking at your energy bill to see how much electricity you’re currently using. This will give you a good idea of how much energy you need to produce with your solar panels.
Research Your Options
Once you have a good understanding of your energy needs, it’s time to start researching your options. There are many different types of solar panels available, and each one has its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
Some things to consider when researching your options include:
- Efficiency: The efficiency of a solar panel refers to how much sunlight it can convert into electricity. Higher efficiency panels will produce more electricity, but they can also be more expensive.
- Durability: Solar panels are designed to last for many years, but some are more durable than others. Look for panels that are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and have a long warranty.
- Cost: Solar panels can be expensive, so it’s important to consider the cost when making your decision. Keep in mind that while higher quality panels may cost more upfront, they can save you money in the long run by producing more electricity and lasting longer.
Choose a Reputable Installer
Once you’ve decided on the type of solar panels you want, it’s important to choose a reputable installer. Look for an installer who has experience installing solar panels and has good reviews from previous customers. You can also check if the installer is certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). Choosing a reputable installer can ensure that your solar panels are installed correctly and will work efficiently.
Take Advantage of Incentives and Rebates
There are many incentives and rebates available for those who install solar panels. These incentives can help offset the cost of the panels and make them more affordable.
Some things to consider include:
- Federal Tax Credit: The federal government offers a tax credit for those who install solar panels. The credit is currently 26% of the cost of the panels and installation.
- State and Local Incentives: Many states and local governments offer incentives and rebates for those who install solar panels. These incentives can vary widely, so be sure to check what is available in your area.
- Net Metering: Net metering allows you to sell any excess electricity your solar panels produce back to the grid. This can help offset the cost of your energy bill.
Consider Adding Energy Storage
If you live in an area with frequent power outages, or if you want to be able to use your solar energy at night, you may want to consider adding energy storage to your solar system. Energy storage systems, such as batteries, allow you to store excess energy produced by your solar panels and use it later when you need it. Adding energy storage can help you save money on your energy bill and provide backup power during outages.
Make the Switch to Solar Today!
By following these smart shopping tips for solar, you can make an informed decision and choose the right solar panels for your needs. If you’re interested in installing solar panels, contact Small Energy Bill today. Our team of experts can help you navigate the process of shopping for solar panels and ensure that you choose the best option for your home or business.
At Small Energy Bill, we understand the importance of reducing your carbon footprint and saving money on your energy bill. That’s why we offer a wide range of solar panel options and can help you customize a system that meets your unique needs and budget. Our team of certified professionals will handle the entire installation process, from design to commissioning, ensuring that your solar panels are installed safely and efficiently.
If you’re ready to start shopping for solar panels, contact Small Energy Bill today. Our team of experts can answer any questions you have and help you get started on the path to cleaner, more affordable energy.